Monday, August 3, 2009

Bill Uhouse Passes Away

Bill Uhouse (who I called "Jarod 2" in the Desert Rat) has gone to the other side. According to family members, he died this past May in Pennsylvania.

As you may recall (Desert Rat #24, #27, #28, #32, #33, #37 and maybe a few more), Uhouse claimed to have helped build flight simulators to train human pilots to fly alien craft. Like Lazar's story, Uhouse's claims had remarkable internal consistency, were limited in scope to what he actually "saw" and had no obvious personal motivation. I "believed" his story, at least inasmuch as I believe anything.

Were his claims true? I still don't know. All I do know is that Uhouse became difficult to deal with. I got uncomfortable with his racist invective and his abusive behavior toward other people I knew. When the invective turned against me personally, I simply withdrew. Someone can hold all the keys to the universe, but if they're going to be a jerk on this planet I'm not going to deal with them!

If the story was fake, did he make it up himself or was he put up to it by someone else, like a sinister government agency? It certainly doesn't make sense to me why he would concoct this tale in his later years, but stranger things have lurked in the hearts of men. My own personal conclusion was simply that I didn't care anymore. A story like that depends almost entirely on how much confidence you have in someone's personality, and after a year or so, I lost that confidence.

At his own request, Uhouse's death was virtually kept secret, with even some family members not learning of it until now. Perhaps now that he has passed, more about him will come out and the story will eventually resolve itself.

(We should all remember this ourselves: We may be able to control our own press releases while we are alive, but once we die, our privacy evaporates.)

15 comments:

  1. Family kept quiet for obvious reasons.
    -Uhouse-

    ReplyDelete
  2. i personally believe what he said when he was alive, just make your research and accept the truth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest in peace Bill.

    Testaments like this are great but without evidence, they are basically hi tech Ghost stories..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received his hand written journal, notes and contemplations about a year after Pop's passing.. The truth isn't out there.. it's in my hands.. And I don't think any of you could handle it..William 'Will' Uhouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My comment was eaten when I tried to respond to you. But I have met them and heard some very humbling things which I have finally accepted, 20 years after the event. Do you want to exchange notes. I am sure most people could not only not handle this, but also not comprehend it.

      Delete
    2. I'd really like to get a copy of those notes Will my girlfriend tells me stories of her uncle (Bill Uhouse) all the time. Thanks please contact me

      Delete
  5. It’s been my experience that when people say things like “you can’t handle the truth” it means that they have two things, Jack & Shit & Jack left town! You have proof Sheepy than fork it over instead of sitting there insulting people! Or is that you have those two things I mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it could be something like: You have been lied to about everything. You are a constructed being, at a spiritual level even. The nature of God is far different than you imagine. Reality is not anything you think it is. What if I was just going soft on you? Should I continue or not?

      Delete
  6. Well why don't you let the people decide what they can and can't handle sir! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So.. I quit reading responses after I saw someone being skeptical about life forms in other galaxies and the same person confused the words then and than. I simply cannot tolerate people who have such a primitive belief system and many of them believe in God but are so simple minded that they think super humans are the only life-forms who created and that the Milky Way galaxy is the only one out here. How narrow simple-minded and small. What sort of ignorant response like hand over the proof instead of trust my own vision and look around me I mean do you really think God only created humans? And what really sickens me is How likely and how prone we simple humans are to treating other life-forms like complete crap. Human beings have never been kind to other creatures as a whole so quite honestly I hope all the ignorant humans out there that don't believe in other life forms are the food source for the aliens that do want to eat us and I hope people like us that know better will be guided by the Friendly's and the star people sheesh I really hope all the ignorant people in this discussion don't continue to multiply.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bill Uhouse was my Grandfather and he was a hard working, very intelligent man. I share his anti-social introverted personality and none of us Uhouses play very well with others to the best of my knowledge. That perceived downfall is also our gift. An ability to understand things that most cannot even comprehend. RIP my beloved Grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I worked with Bill from 1982 to 1987 and he was a man of great integrity and intellect. Sorry to hear of his passing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched the YouTube videos of Bill Uhouse about a dozen times. I could not find a hole in any of it. Bill comes across as war hero and a man of integrity,intelligence and diligence. You could not pay him to lie. Rest in peace Bill, and may your secrets one day be revealed properly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has been my experience that antisocial assholes are not any better than anyone else at "handling the truth". Rather more the opposite, I think. I'm going with jack shit, if the "players" here are even real.

    ReplyDelete